This gluten free vegan side dish is loaded with goodness. Brown rice, barley farro, kale, cauliflower, pistachios and green onions are simmered in a curried vegetable broth then topped with pomegranate seeds.
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Shelled pistachios, toasted
- 2 cups Organic kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 3 cups Organic vegetable broth
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 tsp. Curry powder
- 1 med. Shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Organic farro
- 1/2 cup Organic barley
- 1/2 cup Organic brown rice
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate arils (seeds)
Pre-heat a 4-quart NUCU Sauce Pot over medium low heat.
Add avocado oil and the next 5 ingredients. Saute' mixture for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often.
Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Add vegetable broth and salt. Cover and simmer on low for 40-45 minutes or until liquid is 3/4 absorbed
Stir in cauliflower, kale, pistachios and coconut milk. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and grains are cooked through (about 5-7 minutes).
Serve in a large serving dish topped with green onion and pomegranate arils.