The flavors of the bayou shine through with this vegan version of a classic Cajun dish. Onions, carrots, celery and peppers are simmered in a Cajun tomato and vegetable broth mixture.
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 can Red beans, drained and rinsed
- Hot sauce, optional
- Fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable stock
- 3-4 drops Liquid smoke, optional
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup Brown rice
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Diced bell pepper (green, yellow, orange or red)
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 med. Carrot, shredded
- 1 medium Yellow onion, diced
Pre-heat a 4-quart NUCU Stock Pot over medium low heat. Add oil and next 5 ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
Add rice and garlic. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine seasonings. Stir into pan with vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in liquid smoke and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
Spoon into shallow bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley and hot sauce. Serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.