Give yourself a tasty treat with a unique combination of ingredients in this classic style frittata.
- 4 lg. Egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup Queso fresco, crumbled, optional
- 2 Tbsp. Salted sunflower kernels
- 2 Tbsp. Raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup Chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Zucchini noodles
- 8 lg. Eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Herbs de provence
- 1 cups Shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Carrot spirals
- 1 cup Butternut squash noodles
In a large bowl, combine zucchini noodles, butternut squash noodles, carrot spirals, mushrooms, Herbs de provence, salt and oil. Toss well to coat
In another large bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, almond milk and coconut milk. Set aside.
Pre-heat a NUCU 11” non-stick pan over low heat. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Add zucchini mixture to the pre-heated pan. Cook for 1 minute. Stir mixture and cook for 1 minute more.
Spoon chick peas, diced tomatoes and black beans evenly over eggs.
Cook on low for 10 minutes. Transfer pan to oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove pan from oven using a hot pad holder.
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, sunflower kernels and queso fresco on top. Serve.
Notes: Vegetable spirals can be purchased at many grocery stores. You can shred the vegetables if spirals are not an option.