If you are looking for a delicious, easy and gluten-free appetizer, look no further. These colorful zucchini bites are made with a homemade ratatouille sauce, mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. The best part is that cleanup is a breeze when you use a NUCU Baking Mat. No baked on cheese this time.
- 2 lg. Zucchini squash, bias cut into 1" slices
- 1 cup Prepared ratatouille sauce (see Gold Coated Sheet Pan for recipe)
- 2 cups Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Spoon a teaspoon of prepared ratatouille sauce onto the center of each zucchini slice and spread slightly with the back of the spoon.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each slice.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan over mozzarella.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning over cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place pan in oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Remove pan from oven and serve topped with chopped parsley, transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Note: For extra crunch and flavor, gather up the toasted cheese pieces on the mat and crumble it over the baked zucchini.