Chicken wings are an American staple. This version takes an Italian twist by adding an Italian herb, sun-dried tomato, Italian dressing and olive marinade to give this traditional appetizer a non-traditional boost. Add creamy Caesar dressing or marinara sauce for an update.
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil and Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomato oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1/4 cup Green olives with pimentos
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 lbs. Chicken wings, split, tips removed
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
In the bowl of a food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, tomato oil, ¼ c parsley, Italian dressing, white wine, olives, rosemary and salt. Secure top and pulse mixture 4-5 times or until mixture is in small pieces but not smooth. Transfer mixture to a re-sealable plastic bag.
Add chicken wings and remove as much air as possible. Seal bag and move wings around to cover completely. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Remove wings from marinade and transfer to a NUCU Medium Baking Sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned, turning wings once or twice if they brown quickly.
Remove from oven and transfer wings to a plate or platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.